Tonight I was craving something a little sweet after dinner and because I don’t eat a lot of refined sugar, I needed something healthy. It was a HOT evening so I decided to make my own version of a healthy “ice cream” treat.
I’ve seen a ton of bloggers post recipes about their homemade ice cream concoctions using frozen bananas as the base, so I took a peek in my freezer to see what kinds of ingredients I could pull together to test out this home made “ice cream” thing.
What I created was so delicious that I wanted to share the recipe with you STAT so you could benefit too!
4 Minute Ice Cream
Yeild: 2 servings Time: 2 minutes
- 1 frozen banana (peel and chop before freezing)
- 1/2 cup frozen mixed berries (I used blackberry, blueberry and raspberry)
- Place ingredients into food processor.
- Process on high until ingredients look smooth and “creamy”.
- OPTIONAL: 2 TBPS of cocoa powder.
- Enjoy immediately.